Diet & Health
Yoga is the oldest form of the exercise and most beneficial for your health. It is something which has remedy of all kind of diseases. And this is because Yoga makes you fit from the inside. A person doing yoga regularly is physically fit always. Just because yoga improves the mental, spiritual and physical well being.
Ailments are actually an illness, typically a minor one. And for the common ailments, yoga is the best kind of remedy. Now coming to the Yoga Mudras. These mudras are some gestures which are being used during yoga. These mudras have several benefits for the different body parts. Let’s have a look on the benefits of these mudras –
GYAN MUDRA/ MUDRA OF KNOWLEDGE
Slightly touch your index finger with the thumb and leave the other fingers free. This is how Gyan Mudra is done and mainly done while medicating.
1. Increases your concentration and memory power.
2. Very much beneficial for insomniacs.
3. This mudra helps in improving your brain’s activity.
4. Depression, stress or anxiety can be reduced by practicing this yoga mudra.
VAYU MUDRA/ MUDRA OF AIR
First fold your index finger, and then gently press the second bone of your index finger with the thumb. Stretch out the other fingers.
1. Balances the air elements.
2. This mudra helps in removing the extra air from the stomach. And thereby keeps you safe from chest pain.
AGNI MUDRA/ MUDRA OF FIRE
Keep the ring finger folded and gently press the second bone of your ring finger with the thumb. The other fingers would be free and stretched.
1. Improves your digestive system.
2. Dissolves the extra fat and thus benefits the obese.
3. Improves the body strength.
4. Beneficial for stress and anxiety.
5. Removes bad cholesterol.
PRITHIVI MUDRA/ MUDRA OF EARTH
Gently touch the tip of the ring finger with the thumb. And keep the other fingers free and straight.
1. Keeps the blood circulation good.
2. Increases your tolerance as well as patience.
3. Increases the weight of underweight people.
4. Makes your bones stronger.
5. Gives a natural glow to your skin.
VARUN MUDRA/ MUDRA OF WATER
Gently touch the tip of the little finger with the tip of the thumb. And the other fingers would be opened.
1. Balances the water or fluid level.
2. Activates the fluid circulation in your body, thereby keeps you moisturized always and gives a natural glow.
3. Beneficial for skin problems, especially dryness.
4. Reduces muscle pain.
SHUNYA MUDRA/ MUDRA OF EMPTINESS
Fold you middle finger. Then gently press the first bone of the middle finger with the thumb. Other fingers should be straight.
1. Reduces ear pain just in 15 min.
2. This yoga mudra is beneficial for mentally challenged people or deaf as well.
SURYA MUDRA/ MUDRA OF SUN
Fold the ring finger and then press the entire finger with the thumb. Keep the other fingers straight.
1. Controls cholesterol level by removing the bad cholesterol.
2. Beneficial for obese people.
3. Improves the digestive system.
4. Reduces stress and anxiety.
PRANA MUDRA/ MUDRA OF LIFE ENERGY
Touch the tip of the both ring and little finger with the tip of the thumb. Keep straight the rest of the fingers.
1. Helps improving the immune system.
2. Reduces tiredness.
3. Improves your visual power and is beneficial for eye disease.