Working out mostly sounds like burning calories, that’s true. But if you think that it’s only about losing weight then you are making a mistake. There are workouts that help you to gain weight and to gain muscle obviously. People seem to be very much concerned about weight gain. But the fact is gaining weight is as much difficult as losing weight. Well, here we are going to discuss about the workouts that will help you to build muscle, to get you out of the skinny structure and to gain weight definitely –
Works on – Internal Health
For the skinny people there is lack of confidence, which disturbs their inner peace. Yoga will help them to feel good and to feel healthy from inside. It’s important to be healthy to gain weight properly and easily.
Works on – Lower Part
1. Stand with your feet together; now take a step forward with your right leg, lowering your hips toward the floor by bending both knees to 90-degree angles.
2. The back knee should point toward but not touch the ground, and your front knee should be directly over the ankle.
3. Press your right heel into the ground, and push off with your left foot to bring your left leg forward, stepping with control into a lunge on the other side.
Works on – Core Strength & Lean Muscle
1. First lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
2. Place your hands behind your head and your thumbs behind your ears. Your elbows should be out to the sides.
3. Tilt your chin and gently pull your abdominals inward.
4. Curl up and go forward so that your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift off the floor.
5. Hold for a moment at the top of the movement and then lower slowly back down.
Works on – Lower Body
1. Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out.
2. Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Extend your hands straight out in front of you to help keep your balance. You can also bend the elbows or clasp the fingers.
3. Now sit back and down like you're sitting into an imaginary chair. Do not allow your back to round, let your lower back arch slightly.
4. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
5. Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.
Works on – Entire Body
Weight exercises refer to add weight to your workouts. Like if you are doing lunges you may use a dumbbell. But be careful about the way you are doing it. Weight exercises help you to the get more effect of the workout. It effects your whole body, from arms to chest to shoulder to abdomen to legs like almost all the major parts of the body.
Works on – Arms and Shoulder (for men)
1. Grab onto a bar and jump up so your chest touches it.
2. Try to hold that position for five seconds and then lower yourself back down with control. Perform another rep.
Works on – Arms, Shoulder, Chest
1. Place your hands and toes on the floor, positioning your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
2. Extend your legs back so that you are balanced on your hands and toes. Your body should be in a straight line.
3. Inhale as you slowly bend your elbows and lower yourself until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
4. Exhale as you begin contracting your chest muscles and pushing back up through your hands to the start position. Don't lock out the elbows; keep them slightly bent.
Works on – Entire Body
Cardio workouts help you to increase the appetite. In addition burns the unhealthy fats and makes the use of healthy fats specially to build muscles. Cardio can be anything of your favourite like swimming, running, jogging, aerobics, zumba anything.