WHAT IS PALEO DIET?
‘Paleo Diet’ is not actually a diet. It’s actually a way of eating, better to say the healthiest way of eating. It can help you to be fit by a nutritionally effective way. And also help you to stay lean. Thus a Paleo Diet is one of the best ways of healthy living, which can help you to keep away from any health problems.
PRINCIPLE OF PALEO DIET
Paleo Diet is made on the basis of these following principles –
FRUITS AND VEGGIES
The requirement of carbohydrate and fibre has to be met from the vegetables and fruits. Fruits and vegetables are also essential, as they are the best source of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
Fat is one of the essential nutrients of our diet. But it should be the healthy fat. So, the source of fats should be monounsaturated fat and omega-3 fats like fatty fishes or fish oil, olive oil, seeds, nuts and grass feed meats.
Lean protein is a part of a healthy diet. And this can be found from the fat free meats, skimmed milk small fishes or the veg source of protein.
WEIGHT LOSS AND PALEO DIET
First of all it should be noted that Paleo Diet is not a diet for weight loss. It can’t be said the weight loss diet. But the thing is that, the way you start eating on a Paleo Diet is healthy. And you can adopt a Paleo Diet if you are on the way to lose weight. It can be beneficial for you. Let’s have a look on how a Paleo Diet can help you to lose weight or maintain weight –
1. Paleo Diet actually pushes you to eat. Eat healthy and do not starve yourself. Starving is the worst way of weight loss.
2. Burn calories with exercise or any other form of exercise.
3. Keep knowledge about what you eat. You need to know about the calorie, fat, protein or carbohydrate count of the diet.
4. Eat high quality proteins. The calorie requirement should be met from the high quality protein and the healthy source of fats.
5. Alter daily meal with some healthy foods.
FOODS TO BE EATHEN ON PALEO DIET
Vegetables: Broccoli, Kale, Pepper, Onion, Carrot and Tomato.
Fruits: Apple, Banana, Orange, Pear, Avocado, Strawberries and Blueberries.
Meats: Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Turkey and Pork.
Fish: Salmon, Trout, Haddock, Shrimp and Shellfish.
Tubers: Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, Yams and Turnips.
Nuts & Seeds: Almonds, Walnut and Pumpkin seeds.
Oils: Extra virgin oil, Coconut oil and Avocado oil.
FOODS TO BE AVOIDED
1. Soft drinks 2. Fruit juices
3. Candy 4. Pastries
5. Ice cream 5. Pastas
6. Wheat 7. Barley
8. Lentils 9. Sunflower oil
10. Corn oil 11. Grapseed oil
12. Margarine 13. Processed foods.
14. Artificial sweeteners.