Bulletproof coffee is a type of coffee that is made by adding grass-fed butter and MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides) to black coffee. The idea behind bulletproof coffee is the combination of fat and caffeine can provide sustained energy and mental clarity throughout the day.
How to make Bulletproof coffee at home ?
Here is a basic recipe for making bulletproof coffee at home:
• 1 cup of hot brewed coffee
• 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed unsalted butter
• 1-2 tablespoons of MCT oil
1. Brew a cup of high-quality coffee using your preferred method.
2. In a blender, combine the hot coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil.
3. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds until the mixture is frothy and well-mixed.
4. Pour the bulletproof coffee into a mug and enjoy immediately.
• 1 scoop of collagen powder for added protein
• A dash of cinnamon or vanilla extract for flavor
Note: It’s important to use grass-fed butter and MCT oil, as these are the key ingredients in bulletproof coffee. Regular butter and other types of oil will not provide the same benefits.
Nutrition Content in Bulletproof coffee
The nutrition content of bulletproof coffee can vary depending on the specific recipe and amounts of ingredients used. However, a basic recipe for bulletproof coffee typically includes:
• Coffee: contains no fat, no carbohydrates, and a negligible amount of protein
• Grass-fed butter: provides saturated fat, vitamins A, D, and K2, and small amounts of omega-3 fatty acids
• MCT oil: provides medium-chain triglycerides, a type of fat that is easily absorbed and converted into energy by the body
One tablespoon of grass-fed butter contains approximately 100 calories, 11 grams of fat (7 grams of saturated fat), and 0.1 grams of protein. One tablespoon of MCT oil contains approximately 100 calories, 14 grams of fat (all of which are saturated), and 0 grams of protein.
Benefits of drinking Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof coffee claim that it provides several benefits, including:
1. Increased Energy: The combination of caffeine and MCT oil may provide a boost of energy and mental clarity.
2. Weight Loss: Some people believe that the high-fat content of bulletproof coffee can promote weight loss by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolism.
3. Improved Cognitive Function: The caffeine in coffee and the MCT oil in bulletproof coffee may improve cognitive function, including focus, memory, and concentration.
4. Better Digestion: The high-fat content of bulletproof coffee may help promote healthy digestion and regulate bowel movements.
5. Reduced Inflammation: The MCT oil in bulletproof coffee may help reduce inflammation in the body.
Side effects of drinking Bulletproof coffee
While bulletproof coffee is generally considered safe for most people when consumed in moderation, there are some potential side effects to be aware of:
1. Digestive discomfort: The high fat content in bulletproof coffee can cause digestive discomfort, including bloating, gas etc in some people.
2. Increased cholesterol levels: The high saturated fat content in bulletproof coffee can increase cholesterol levels in some people, which may increase the risk of heart disease.
3. Dehydration: Coffee and MCT oil are both diuretics, which means they can increase urine output and lead to dehydration if you don’t drink enough water.
4. Interference with nutrient absorption: Consuming large amounts of fat from bulletproof coffee may interfere with the absorption of some nutrients, including fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E, and K.
5. Allergies or sensitivities: Some people may be allergic or sensitive to the ingredients in bulletproof coffee, such as dairy or coconut.
It’s always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider before making any significant changes to your diet.