The Galveston diet is a weight loss program developed by Dr. Mary Claire Haver, a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist. The diet is specifically designed for women over the age of 40, and it aims to help women lose weight by balancing hormones and reducing inflammation in the body.
The Galveston diet emphasizes the consumption of whole, nutrient-dense foods while limiting processed and refined foods. The diet is high in protein and healthy fats, and it includes plenty of vegetables, fruits, and low glycemic index carbohydrates.
In addition to dietary changes, the Galveston diet also recommends regular exercise, stress management, and getting enough sleep.
Some of the key principles of the Galveston diet include:
- Eating high-quality protein with every meal and snack
- Consuming healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocados, and nuts
- Limiting carbohydrates and choosing low glycemic index options
- Eating plenty of vegetables and fruits
- Avoiding processed and refined foods
- Drinking plenty of water
- Managing stress through activities such as meditation and yoga
- Getting adequate sleep
Overall, the Galveston diet is designed to promote sustainable weight loss and overall health by addressing hormonal imbalances and reducing inflammation in the body.